Official KC Breed Club
Welcome to the
German Wirehaired Pointer
About the GWP Club
We are the only KC Recognised breed club for the German Wirehaired Pointer in the UK.
Learn more about the history of the Club, what we do for our members and the breed and how to join us.
News & Events
The GWP Club organises a variety of events for its members and owners of GWP’s.
Find out more about the field, show, training and educational events that we are running and join in.
Information about the history of the German Wirehaired Pointer, its key characteristics and the breed standard.
Information about how and where to get a puppy, breeders and information about GWP Club Rescue.
The GWPC Shop
The GWP Club shop helps members purchase memberships, enter some Club events and also purchase Club regalia.
Many of the items for sale in our shop help to directly support our GWP Club Rescue activities.
GWPC MEMBER NOTICES
SOME IMPORTANT DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
OUR 2021 BREED SHOWS
It has been a long time since we last had the chance to meet at a breed show, but we now have dates for the GWPC Open Show and 2 Championship Shows:
- July 11th 2021 – GWPC Open Show – Judge – Tom Mather. The show is being held at the British Ironwork Centre, Oswestry, Shropshire (click for details).
- July 31st 2021 – GWPC Championship Show – Judge – Amanda Geary. The show is being held in partnership with Bath Championship Show (click for details).
- Sept 18th 2021 – GWPC Championship Show – Judge – Simon Luxmoore. The show is being held in partnership with Darlington Championship Show (click for details).
Entries for all shows will be via Fosse Data and members will be notified as soon as entries open.
GWPC WORKING TEST
The GWPC is now taking entries for the GWPC Working test which is being held at Chatsworth Estate, Derbyshire on 8th August 2021. There are three classes as follows:
- Puppy – Judge – Louise Holmes.
- Novice – Judge – Richard Chellumbrun
- Open – Judges – James Reavil & Peter Szalai.
The Water Judge for all classes is Lloyd Birch
Entries for the working test can be found here (Fosse Data):